A student's look into the world of cinema and all its elements.



Monday, March 18, 2013

Fred’s Top 50 Films: Introduction



 
Welcome all it’s time for the countdown to begin! Yes after quite a process and a lot of contemplating, both about what’s on the list and the validity of the list in general, it’s time to count down my top 50 films of all time. Here is a point form intro to the list:

  • Why do this? I asked myself this numerous times during this whole process and I’m sure it will be brought up while I’m releasing the list. My two reasons are this a) I think it’s always good to keep track of my “top” films as something to reference my opinions to and “know where I’m coming from” per say and b) it gives me an excuse to write about these films in a short form fashion as well as providing a “check” on my tastes I guess. Mostly I made this list to talk about great films and in the end I saw nothing wrong with that.

  • How is this going to work? It’s going to be a countdown spread across many days/weeks with each film being individually recognized in its own separate post with a short form write presented to each one. It might take a while (with the busy schedule and all) but I’ll try to crank out as many in a short period of time as I can. It shouldn’t be too, too long as I do love to talk about all of these films. I’m also thinking of doing a recap of the list after each set of ten films with a full recap of the list with links to the discussion at the end.

  • The third and final thing is that with all of my lists the disclaimer goes out that I’m no professional and thus haven’t every single film that seems to make people’s best films lists. This list as a whole is designed to be malleable and can change as I discover and see films that I hadn’t before creating this list. Some of the films on this list may be described as “immature” entries but frankly I don’t care too much because as I see more the list may change and that’s what it’s designed for.

So there you go! Now stay tuned for the countdown of my top 50 films of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment